The Department of Public Instruction's Policy and Budget Team analyzes and monitors key legislation affecting schools, libraries, and the department. The team works closely with the department's Legislative Liaison, Jennifer Kammerud, who can answer legislative questions or concerns. Legislative inquiries should be directed to Jennifer Kammerud via email or phone at (608) 266-7073.
- To view the text of a proposed bill click here to go to the Wisconsin State Legislature's website.
- To view legislative hearing schedules, click here
- To view education and library related bills introduced in the 2011-2012 session and whether the department took a formal position, click here
- To view education and library related bills introduced in the 2013-2014 session and whether the department has taken a formal position, click here. If a bill has an Act number assigned to it under column E of the attached document, the bill has been passed by both houses and signed into law by the governor.
- AB 40 - 2013-15 Biennial Budget Bill
Legislative Council Memos Summarizing Acts Signed Into Law
The full text of all acts and any related veto messages can be found on the Legislative Reference Bureau's website.
Legislative Fiscal Bureau 2013 Informational Papers
- State Aid to School Districts (Informational Paper 24)
- School Integration (Chapter 220) Aid (Informational Paper 25)
- Milwaukee and Racine Parental Choice Programs (Informational Paper 26)
- Open Enrollment Program (Informational Paper 27)
- Charter Schools (Informational Paper 28)
- Pupil Assessment (Informational Paper 29)
- Statutory Requirements for School Districts (Informational Paper 30)
- School District Reorganization (Informational Paper 31)
- Public Libraries (Informational Paper 36)
- State Property Tax Credits (School Levy, First Dollar, and Lottery and Gaming Credits) (Informational Paper 21)